Reality does exist!

"Mirrors are the proof that reality does exist"
.
.
I was standing before the mirror and repeating;
what if they saw the real me?
what if they get to know that I am too clumsy?
what if my face appeared too tired today?
what if they started comparing me with koalas?
what if they get to know that I am weak?
what if they saw the weirdness within me?
what if they saw the bruises I have been hiding for so long?
what if they discovered my dark secrets hidden behind sobbing eyes?
shattered words behind unheard lies?
immature dreams behind the dark eyes?
the brutal thoughts behind rough skin?
and fake smiles behind the cracked lips?
Every day,  I am even more afraid.
I am afraid to reveal myself to the world.
I stood before the mirror;
It reflected an image of me standing tall,
no filters,
no masks,
no fake smiles,
Visible scars and hairy thighs;
I saw the goods and the evils,
the virtue and the sin,
the struggle behind the tired body,
The hustle behind the husky voice,
The battle behind the bland smile,
The dreams behind the Lucent eyes;
The mirror picturized the story in slides
Each slide showed different versions of me,
How the reflection of my soul turning me into mere concrete personality;
I Looked within the mirror
I saw the pieces coming,
I saw them scattering,
I saw each piece showing a different me.
I let them sink into my body
and accepted the certainty of being a human
with lots of blemishes and marks.
I dropped out each piece one by one,
My skin falling simultaneously
hitting me hard.
I looked back, leaned towards the mirror
and saw myself stepping back to the reality.
We all wear flaws that we are scared to reveal.
Mirrors are the proof that reality does exist,
It exists within us and it's beautiful!

- Naincy
Instagram: https://instagram.com/na_in_cy

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts